4. CONTEXT OF THE ORGANIZATION
4.1 Understanding The Organization And Its Contexts
Universal Fabrications (NW) Limited understands that quality is important to its business because it values its customers. The company works in accordance with the ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards along with any agreed contractual and/or regulatory requirements. As such, internal and external issues affecting the company’s products, services, investments, and interested parties are regularly reviewed and monitored to identify and mitigate risks and recognise opportunities for the benefit of the customer and the organisation.
Universal Fabrications’ vision is to be our customers’ preferred supplier by consistently delivering high-quality products, services, and value.
The company’s Quality Policy is to provide its customers with products that meet their expectations and meet regulatory and statutory requirements, such as AS9100 and ISO 9001. This policy supports Universal Fabrications’ strategic direction and enables continuous improvement. Universal Fabrications has established a QMS which provides a framework for measuring and improving its performance.
We have the following systems and procedures in place to support us in our aim for total customer satisfaction and continuous improvement throughout our business:-
- Regular gathering and monitoring of customer feedback.
- A customer complaints procedure.
- Selection and performance monitoring of suppliers against set criteria.
- Training and development for our employees.
- Regular audit of our internal processes.
- Measurable quality objectives which reflect our business aims.
- Management review audit results, customer feedback, and complaints.
Although the Managing Director has ultimate responsibility for the quality, all employees have a responsibility within their own areas of work. Therefore, our internal processes, Quality Procedures, and Quality Manual are available to all employees, helping to ensure that quality is embedded within the whole of the organization.