AS9100D 8.4.3 INFORMATION FOR EXTERNAL PROVIDERS
Universal Fabrications (NW) Ltd ensures that external providers are aware of the importance of ethical behaviour and their contribution to product or service conformity and product safety.
The requirements below apply to all Suppliers and sub-tier Suppliers to Universal Fabrications (NW) Ltd providing raw materials, manufactured components and products as well as performing material processing such as, but not limited to: heat treating; chemical processing; surface enhancements; non-destructive and destructive testing; coatings; welding; and machining processes for Aerospace products.
Acceptance of a Purchase Order from Universal Fabrications (NW) Ltd binds the Supplier to the Terms and Conditions listed in the Purchase Order and the requirements listed below.
The Supplier needs to:
- implement a Quality Management System
- use customer-designated or approved external providers, including process sources (e.g. special processes)
- notify the organization of nonconforming processes, products, or services and obtain
- obtain organization approval for nonconforming product disposition,
- prevent the use of counterfeit parts
- notify the organization of changes to processes, products or services, including changes of external providers, changes of manufacturing facility location and, where required, obtain organization approval,
- flow down to the supply chain the applicable requirements including customer requirements,
- provide test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigation or auditing
- retain documented information, including retention periods and disposition requirements, and
- right of access by the organization, their customer and regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of all facilities, at any level of the supply chain, involved in the order and to all applicable records.